Re: Feature request: Remove the badblocks list

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 08:26:07PM +0100, Wols Lists wrote:
> On 18/08/20 19:00, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> > As far as I can understand, this list doesn't have any reason to exist, except to annoy sysadmins.
>
> Actually, there's at least one good reason for it to exist that I can
> think of - it *could* make recovering a broken array much easier. Think
> about it, I think it's documented in the wiki.
>
> That said, I'm hoping to do some work soon that will make it redundant.
>
> One little tip though - you've done a load of research to tell us what
> we already know - as documented on the wiki - and now you're asking us
> to do a load of work. If you want it done, well nobody else has bothered
> so far so what makes you think they'll bother now?

Is it really "a load of work" to switch for
default "on" to default "off"?
Because that's what he is asking.

If this is the case, there is something more
broken in the code...

BTW, I find it quite problematic too to have
a feature, activated by default, which is
_officially_ declared as *buggy*/

bye,

--

piergiorgio