Re: Feature request: Remove the badblocks list

On 18/08/20 19:00, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> As far as I can understand, this list doesn't have any reason to exist, except to annoy sysadmins.

Actually, there's at least one good reason for it to exist that I can
think of - it *could* make recovering a broken array much easier. Think
about it, I think it's documented in the wiki.

That said, I'm hoping to do some work soon that will make it redundant.

One little tip though - you've done a load of research to tell us what
we already know - as documented on the wiki - and now you're asking us
to do a load of work. If you want it done, well nobody else has bothered
so far so what makes you think they'll bother now?

Cheers,
Wol