Re: Raid-6 cannot reshape

On 4/6/20 12:27 PM, Wols Lists wrote:
On 06/04/20 17:12, Roger Heflin wrote:
When I looked at your detailed files you sent a few days ago, all of
the reshapes (on all disks) indicated that they were at position 0, so
it kind of appears that the reshape never actually started at all and
hung immediately which is probably why it cannot find the critical
section, it hung prior to that getting done.   Not entirely sure how
to undo a reshape that failed like this.

This seems quite common. Search the archives - it's probably something
like --assemble --revert-reshape.

Ah, yes. I recall cases where mdmon wouldn't start or wouldn't open the array to start moving the stripes, so the kernel wouldn't advance. SystemD was one of the culprits, I believe, back then.