Cannot fix Current_Pending_Sector even after check and repair

I have 6 drives behind a Perc H700 card. I'd love to do without, but it
was the only reasonable way to plug 6 drives in that dell server's drive
midplane. I configured the drives as single drive raid0, which isn't
quite passthrough, but as close as I can get it.

Then, I just created software raid5 on top of them, as I would with
regular drives.

magic:~# smartctl -d megaraid,3 -a /dev/sda | grep Current_Pending_Sector
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
197 Current_Pending_Sector  0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age Always -       9

The drive is:
Model Family:     Western Digital Caviar Green (AF)
Device Model:     WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0
Serial Number:    WD-WMAZA0374092
LU WWN Device Id: 5 0014ee 6558fe0fe
Firmware Version: 50.0AB50

Normally
echo check > /sys/block/mdx/md/sync_action
would re-read everything, get errors on the pending sectors, and write
new ones from parity.
But check just ran fine, no output, nothing

Then I tried
echo repair > /sys/block/mdx/md/sync_action
same thing, no output, it ran fine.

Out of desperation, I ran
hdrecover /dev/sdx on all my drives. It reads the whole drive block by
block, allowing to re-read a block many times to try and rescue data
from it, or just re-write it with 0's.
That one again, ran fine, no error.

So now I'm getting daily warnings about the pending sector count, when
apparently nothing is wrong.

Any idea how to reset that counter?

Thanks,
Marc