Re: How to assemble Intel RST Matrix volumes?

On 10/22/19 10:51 PM, hhardly@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Here is the output you asked for, which shows does show the volumes. Any
> further assistance is greatly appreciated.

I hadn't noticed earlier that you are using copies of the original disks. The
issue with this is that the disks' serial numbers are stored in the metadata.
You can see that in the output from "mdadm -E". Mdadm doesn't recognize a disk
as an array member if its serial number does not match with what is in the
metadata.

Can you use the original disk to assemble the array and keep the copy as
backup? Then you can rebuild the array and later replace this disk with another
one if you want.