Re: smart short test crashes software raid array?

    You might consider employing an external drive enclosure, or if space outside the server is tight, you might consider using 2.5" adapters  and swapping your drives for six or eight 2.5" drives, or maybe even SSDs.  You might even increase your storage, while you are at it.  One can get 4T, 2.5" hard drives for just a little over $100.  For around $1000, you could increase your storage from 6T with one parity to 16T with two parities and two hot spares.