Re: Raid5 four drives missing

I know of a 4-port sata card that when it has certain issues it seems
to affect all 4 ports, and required a reboot to fix.  The card I had
was an AHCI card with a 4port SATA  x pci-e-x2 card, and things like
smart commands running against it made it much more unreliable, but
even without the smart commands running against it, it was not
completely stable and would act up say 1x a month or so.   If the
4-port card he has is not one of the near-enterprise grade cards then
I would suspect that as I attempted to use several non-enterprise
grade sata cards and finally gave up and obtained a used-enterprise
grade SAS card.