Re: RAID1 scrub ignoring read errors?

On 12/3/18 12:30 PM, Niklas Hambüchen wrote:
> On 2018-12-03 07:35, Phil Turmel wrote:
>> Is there any
>> chance you are having power supply problems?  The last time I saw
>> something like this, it was a failing 2nd 12V rail on a dual-rail PS.
>
> Hmm, I can't say for sure.
> This server is a backup location in a home in Germany.
> It is connected to mains power, so I don't have monitoring of power spikes or similar.
> The only data point I have about this is that in the last 10 years, I've never observed an anomaly with power there.

I was not referring to power to the home.  I was referring to degraded
performance of the power supply in the computer itself -- the subsystem
that turns household AC power into 5V and 12V DC power for the mobo and
peripherals.

>> Look close at "pending sector relocations" the detailed smartctl
>> attributes.  Large numbers suggest your corrections aren't happening
>> when they should, and/or lots of transient UREs are occurring.
>
> Is the attribute you're referring to "Reallocated_Sector_Ct" or "Current_Pending_Sector"?
>
> In any case, both are 0 for both disk.

Your drives appear to be fine.  I suspect you have a problem with other
hardware in this box.

PHil