Re: mdadm: unable to grow array more than once

On 29/03/18 11:47, Fisher wrote:
But this is also what I'm confused, why would mdadm set the value of "it is about to use" to the
variable of "it can be used in this device"? In this case, I didn't use full space in the first place,
and after the first growing, still not using full space. rdev->sectors became the size I wanted
to use, so "sectors in this device that can be used for data" became "sectors used for data now",
there's no way I can grow this array again.

Not knowing how the code works, it's a guess, but remember that superblock 1.0 is stored at the END iof the device. If somehow it's not properly at the end that could explain why the array won't grow.

Cheers,
Wol