Re: SMART detects pending sectors; take offline?

On 21/12/17 19:38, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 21.12.2017 um 12:28 schrieb Alexander Shenkin:
Hi all,

Reporting back after changing the hangcheck timer to 180 secs and re-running checkarray.  I got a number of rebuild events (see syslog excerpts below and attached), and I see no signs of the hangcheck issue in dmesg like I did last time.

I'm still getting the SMART OfflineUncorrectableSector and CurrentPendingSector errors, however.  Should those go away if the rewrites were correctly carried out by the drive?  Any thoughts on next steps to verify everything is ok?

OfflineUncorrectableSector unlikely can go away

CurrentPendingSector
https://kb.acronis.com/content/9133

If they've been re-written (so are no longer pending) then a SMART long or possibly offline test will make them go away. I use SMART long myself.

Regards,
Brad