Re: Raid 5 array down/missing - went through wiki steps

Thanks for all the responses, Mark, Anthony and Wol.

I have another hard drive on the way, just in case sda is truly dead.
I had no idea that when a drive "dies" in a RAID5 array - nothing
would notify me. I obviously have much to learn, really appreciate all
the input from folks so far.

I think I've provided the details of my setup (kernel, mdadm ver,
distro, smartctl output, and mdadm -E output) - do let me know if I've
left anything out. Left the machine alone this weekend and did not do
anything with it.

Kai Teoh