Re: Raid 5 array down/missing - went through wiki steps

Thanks for the response Anthony & Mark, really appreciate how helpful
both of you are.

I did try to reassemble last night (before I found the wiki and all)
and it would assemble, but then it'll say it can't bring the array up
6 drives with 1 rebuilding, and the array thinks that there should be
8 drives. Does that mean I'm... screwed?

mdadm version (mdadm --version)
mdadm - v3.3 - 3rd September 2013

kernel (uname -mrsn)
Linux livingrm-server 4.4.0-97-generic x86_64

distro
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS