Re: mismatch sector in range, kernel 4.13

Howdy,

Thanks both for the answer.

On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 08:25:58AM +0200, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> If the data section is fine (which it seems to be because btrfs is happy),
> then you should issue "repair" to correct parity.
>
> "echo repair > /sys/block/mdX/md/sync_action"

So you're both saying the same thing on how to fix it, but do we agree
that somehow it's my parity data that went wrong since the filesystem
seems fine?

Do we also agree that "mistmatch sector" means that the parity does not
add up, and that in a raid5 scenario, the md layer has no idea which of
the drives has bad data, just that things don't add up?

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                         | PGP 1024R/763BE901