Re: Superblocks lost on all disks in array.

On 16/07/17 17:46, Jean-Pierre Human wrote:
> The documentation on the wiki is very helpful and the most concise I
> came across. The overlay feature I will spend sometime with to
> understand as in the future I may need this. It just left me asking a
> lot of questions like if I have LVM and no filesystem on the device
> will it work or how should I adopt the setup for that etc. This
> exercise has opened my eyes to just how resilient and flexible mdadm
> can be.

As the editor of the wiki, I do my best :-)

Thing is, I don't have lvm or anything like that on my setup. So I'm
rather chary of writing about it because I don't have the experience - I
do feel it's a major failing of the wiki. When I rebuild my computer,
I'm going to set it up as "lvm over raid 5/6", but that's probably going
to be a little way away :-(

Once I get the opportunity, of course it'll get written up and put there
as a reference for others :-)

Cheers,
Wol