How important is SCTERC?

Experts,

I ordered a couple of 6TB drives from goHarddrive that claimed to be NAS suitable, but SMART shows that they do not support scterc. I want to replace two of my 3TB drives with these in mdadm raid6. I can get a replacement or return, but want to avoid the hassle, if I am not seious danger.

I do run tler.sh that sets 180s timeout for drives that do not have scterc from /etc/rc.local. Am I putting my data in serious danger? I only have videos and tv recordings in this md which can be replaced with significant effort (about 12TB of movies and tv shows will take some time to copy from my DVDs/BDs)

Ramesh