Re: Linux software raid troubles

Am 12.04.2017 um 17:36 schrieb linuxknight:
Thank you Reindl, Using your method would I be able to apply this IMG
file to a fresh raid1 mirror and still have it be bootable?

that's the whole point - there is no difference if you have another phyiscal disk or a image-file as destination - thanks linux everything is a file

whenever you play around with disks which might fail or are already broken take a complete image as soon as possible because before you try to restore something from that image you can even copy that one, try to mount it, play around and whenever you are unsure if you damaged it's state just make a fresh copy from the untouched first backup

The reason I ask is I was looking at this guide,
https://www.data-medics.com/forum/how-to-clone-a-hard-drive-with-bad-sectors-using-ddrescue-t133.html
It has a method to transfer drive to drive.  I was thinking I would
create the fresh RAID mirror on the dedicated LSI card, then ddrescue
possibly bad drive to the new raid mirror.  Is this a bad idea?