Re: WARNING: mismatch_cnt is not 0 on <array device>

On 09/27/2016 11:45 AM, Wols Lists wrote:

> I'm thinking about all this. The second section is all about recovering
> a failing/ed array, and is new. The first section is the original,
> that's being updated. It just feels totally wrong to me now, as it's
> becoming a jumbled mess of old and new.
>
> What I'm probably going to do, is create a new first section about
> setting up a raid system. That means that a section on monitoring will
> actually make sense and fit between setting it up, and fixing problems.
>
> (And all the old stuff will end up in the "software archaeology"
> section, so people who are still running ancient systems can find it :-)

That would be awesome.

 There was a shell script out there already for MUNIN, but I modified it a little to add thresholds that throw up flags. I might change some more to handle different thresholds for different devices or the ability to monitor only RAIDs that matter.

I have smartctl running for all my drives -- but that doesn't help me at the mdadm level.

While you're in the docs adding stuff about mismatch_cnt, is there anything that can help someone backtrace which block cause the count to go up? This would help us mere mortals maybe go back to inspect a block or a file or something to make sure it's not corrupted.

 -Ben