Re: Request for assistance

On 07/07/16 02:28, o1bigtenor wrote:

My best understanding as to the why is - - dirty power - - - fixing that means
going off-grid. Expensive and not happening any time soon although I would
really like that.

Get a UPS.
Get a UPS.
Get a UPS.
Get a UPS.

I've got some nice full on-line double conversion units, but they are noisy and less efficient. In my experience, a second hand APC SmartUPS will sort enough of the most revolting power to keep things running smoothly, and they are CHEAP. Despite owning several expensive UPS units, all my stuff is behind a couple of second hand SmartUPS.

My last purchase saw me pick up 5 decent line interactive UPS units for about $25 each as a job lot. New batteries for one were less than $100 (same brand as the UPS comes with) from the local wholesaler. I get 4-5 years out of a set of batteries.

If you had to budget for time, one blip on a RAID and the associated recovery pays for the UPS. Cheap insurance.

Regards,
Brad