Re: Raid server Motherboard recommendation.

On 03/17/2016 04:52 AM, Andreas Klauer wrote:
On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 05:38:14PM -0500, Ram Ramesh wrote:
If you don't mind, could you share with me the standalone card that you
use?
I think this is the same I use:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-E-Express-SATA3-SATA3-0-6Gb-s-eSATA-SATA-III-Card-ASMEDIA1061-/231378681315

It has two ports, and you can choose between internal and external via 4 jumpers per port.

You also find this Asmedia chipset on a lot of Asus/Asrock mainboards that have two additional SATA ports.

BTW, have you stressed your card through a rebuild/checkarray?
I run checkarray every day (each day a different part of disk so entire disk is covered in a week or so) with no issue.

I also mirror my single SSD disk to the HDD RAID once a week.

I can run a mkfs.ext4 -c -c on a LVM partition at a later time, but so far no issues whatsoever.

Regards
Andreas Klauer
Thanks.

I saw similar one on Amazon too: http://www.amazon.com/Express-Adapter-Converter-ASMEDIA-ASM1061/dp/B008BZAVVE

I am getting asrock extreme6 and that will be enough for the next 6months (eventually I want to have a total of 12). Before that time, I will probably buy the card you have given unless I get nervous about ebay vendor and choose amazon version.

Regards
Ramesh