Re: Raid server Motherboard recommendation.

On 11/12/2015 01:29 AM, Roman Mamedov wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 20:45:30 -0600
Ram Ramesh <rramesh2400@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ports are on ASMedia ASM 1061 chipset which apparently is not supported
on linux per what I can find on various comments/information from the net
What.

http://superuser.com/questions/363144/is-asmedia-asm1061-sata3-controller-supported-under-linux

Roman,

Thanks. I did see that. But, in newegg, there are reviews dated much later than above complaining about ubuntu 14.04 installs failing with ASMedia enabled. So, I concluded that it is iffy. I could not see any consistent message of positive result. In fact, the one you quote (Nov 11) is about the only positve I could find. Many others, (more recent), are not that positive. This worried me. Have you used it or some one who you know did and it worked fine? If so, please let me know the linux distro that is successful.

Thanks
Ramesh