Re: Reshape stuck immediately, backup file all nulls

Hi Björn,

On 01/30/2016 07:21 AM, Björn Augustsson wrote:

> The question is, what kind of state am in now?

The kernel is waiting for mdmon (mdadm as a background task) to step
through the stripes.  mdmon died and the kernel will wait forever.

> And how should I recover?
> Will just adding a policy to allow access to that file, and then
> mdadm --grow --continue /dev/md127
> fix it?

Probably.  Others have fixed this by disabling selinux for the reshape.
 Don't forget to specify --backup-file again on the command line.  (I
don't use selinux myself, so I can't be more specific.)

In the future, consider not using a backup file at all -- mdadm
generally leaves enough dead space on devices to avoid the need.

> Is the broken backup file going to be a problem?

Shouldn't be. Report back if it is.

Phil