ICH RAID5 delisted and broken after mdadm installation

Hello guys.

sda, sdb and sdd were a RAID5 array with 64K chunk size and were used
in Windows and were always connected to the ICH9r controller in this
order.

HDD containing the Windows (sdb) was failing, Windows crashed severly
and I booted into Debian (from sde) to backup information (BIOS listed
RAID5 volume correctly). I booted into Debian and installed mdadm, I
told it that all drives are needed for boot in the process (not true
atm).

After I installed mdadm no new partitions appeared in Gnome. After I
rebooted I saw in RAID BIOS output that sda and sdb are "offline
members" and that sdc is non-raid (it's true) and that sdd is non-raid
(it's false). Also, no RAID volumes are detected.

/dev/md/imsm0 is a link for /dev/md127 which is empty
/dev/md/imsm1 is a link for /dev/md128 which is empty

mdadm reports that no RAID superblock information was found on sdd.

"mdadm --assemble md0 sda sdb sdd" fails:
>mdadm: cannot open device sda: Device or resource busy
>mdadm: sda has no superblock - assembly aborted

It outputs the same for whhichever HDD I list first - sda, sdb, sdd.

Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Sun Dec 21 18:01:12 UTC 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux
mdadm - v3.1.4 - 31st August 2010

I won't boot into Windows before I fix this. Please give me some tips.

P.S. What was I doing wrong? Except using ICH RAID (which, as I
learned ATM does not even implies additional hardware unit and is no
better than software RAID) and using Windows on a failing drive of
course.