Re: raid5-cache I/O path improvements V2

On 9/11/15, 11:17 PM, "Christoph Hellwig" <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi Shaohua, hi Neil,
>
>this series contains a few updates to the raid5-cache feature.
>
>The first patch just ports it to the post-4.2 block layer.  As part of
>that
>I noticed that it currently doesn't handle I/O errors - fixes for that
>will
>follow.
>
>The second and third patch simplify the I/O unit state machine and reduce
>latency and memory usage for the I/O units.  The remainder are just a
>couple
>of cleanups in this area that I stumbled upon.
>
>Changes since V1:
> - only use REQ_FUA if supported natively by the log device

Hi Christoph,

I finally got some data with a Samsung SSD, which supports fua. Controller
is ahci.
Test is a simple fio with all full stripe write.

libata.fua=0, throughput 247m/s
libata.fua=1, throughput 74m/s

fua is significantly slower. I think we need a sysfs config to enable fua.

Thanks,
Shaohua