Re: RAID1 degraded

On 04/08/15 08:18, Hans Malissa wrote:
Hi everybody,

It looks like one of my disks in my RAID1 just failed:

[SNIP]

Are there any other tests I could run in order to figure out what’s going on? It looks like I will have to replace /dev/sdc1 with a new hard drive. What is the correct procedure to do so without loosing my data?

Have a look at dmesg or your system kernel logs for details.
Also, use smartctl to examine what the drive itself thinks.
Also, try to use dd to read/write the drive.

One common scenario is that you haven't configured the timing for the drive correctly, and the drive is working perfectly, but didn't respond to the kernel quickly enough. Research SCT/ERC on this list

Regards,
Adam
--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au