Re: Mixed controllers on JBOD Raid 6?

I have done it several times.

The only concern is that some of the non-intel and non-amd supplied
cheaper SATA chipset are crap, so carefully read about any issues
around the 2nd controller.

I have an Gigabyte FM2 board (8 build-in AMD supplied SATA ports) + 4
PCI Sil SATA ports (slow but stable).

I had serious issues with a marvell supplied PCIE controller (crashed
on some IO + smartctl commands).    A VIA chipset (ASUS build-into MB
vintage 2006) that would crash under heavy usage.    And read a number
of issues around other PCIE cards enough to make me stay away of the
cheap( add-on card/add-on MB ports).