Re: Help recovering an interrupted raid0 reshape

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 6:50 PM, NeilBrown <neilb@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 09:46:08 +1000 NeilBrown <neilb@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 19:22:15 -0700 "Jonathan Harker (Jesusaurus)"
>> <jesusaurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> > Third, is it possible to resume the reshape? If not, can it be reverted?
>> >

>> I'll have to get back to you on that.  Hopefully you can be patient a little
>> longer.
>>
>> NeilBrown

Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I've managed to be
patient with the problem for about a week now (I was cautiously poking
and prodding the array for a few days before reaching out to this
list) so I think I can manage a little more patience.

> Hi again Jonathan,
>  please report what version of mdadm and of Linux that you are running.

My mdadm version is "mdadm - v3.3.1 - 5th June 2014" and my linux
version (according to `uname -r`) is 3.16.2-3.

> Also is there any chance that you tried
>    mdadm --assemble .... --update=revert-reshape
> ??
> And if you did, why didn't you say so :-)

During those first couple days I tried a couple assemble and
incremental commands to try to get the reshape to restart, though I
don't remember exactly what they were. It's possible I tried something
as scary and irreversible as --update=revert-reshape in some desperate
haze, so let's assume I did, but I was trying hard to avoid any advice
that included --force in the command.

> NeilBrown

Thanks again for looking into this, and let me know if there is any
other useful information I can provide.

--
Jonathan