Can't mount partitions after "mdadm --zero-superblock"

Hello folks,

I previously had the following setup:

sda & sdb partitioned w/ GPT, 7 partitions each (usr, opt, var etc...)
7 raid1’s with 2 devices for each pair of partitions (/dev/sda1 & /dev/sdab1, etc)
They’d been created under Slackware 13.37.

I was trying to clean out mdadm from those partitions but keep the data so I ran
"mdadm --zero-superblock” on each of those previously RAID1 mdadm 1.2 ext4
partitions.

As a result I am now currently unable to mount any partition after the first one on either
disk. The first partition does mount. The partition table is visible and looks fine in gdisk.

mount -t ext4 /dev/sdac2 /mnt
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdac2,
dmesg | tail or so

I did try superblock recovery with each backup superblock that ext4 normally creates,
but none of the superblock locations worked.

For example:

fsck.ext4 -b 4096000 /dev/sdac2
e2fsck 1.42.8 (20-Jun-2013)
/sbin/e2fsck: Invalid argument while trying to open /dev/sdac2

filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

Would be grateful for any advice on anything else I can try.

Regards,
—Ed--