Re: RAID6 won't reassemble after disk controller failure

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015, Scott Sinno wrote:

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
Ok, next thing to recommend would be to get the latest mdadm from Niels
git repo and try with that one. I know some who have fixed similar
problems to yours by doing this.

"git clone git://neil.brown.name/mdadm mdadm" and compile that and see
if --assemble --force works.

That constitutes a huge step forward.  Was able to assemble the array
with all 12 drives using this binary!  Thanks so much!!!

However, after stopping and re-assembling the array, using the 'stock'
CentOS version, it yields this complaint unless '--force' is also used.
I'm inclined to believe I should simply fail /dev/sdbt and move on, yes?

I will not make any more recommendations on how to proceed with this, it sounds like failing sdbt houldn't be needed and if I were you, I would assemble the array, keep it running until someone else who knows more can potentially help you with what might be wrong with your older version of mdadm (or the newer one might not do everything it should, or it's something your kernel is doing wrong).

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx