Re: raid 10 - Recovering raid - what stats are most helpfull?

> Phil Turmel <philip@xxxxxxxxxx> hat am 5. März 2015 um 14:12 geschrieben:
>

> On 03/05/2015 03:18 AM, Stefan Lamby wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> > Is it OK to ask for support here to this list or is it the wrong place?
> > If so, could you please give a hint where to go?
>
> This is the right place. Post your array details (mdadm -D), member
> details (mdadm -E) and a summary of what happened. Include excerpts
> from your dmesg and/or syslogs that look like they might be relevant.
>
> These should all be text files, so pasting them directly into your email
> would be preferred.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phil Turmel

Hi Phil,
hello List.

This would be also very interesting - just in case:

Hopefully it will never happen, but if the raid 10 array crashes, what
information will be the most usefull for later recovery? Is this the output of
cat /proc/mdstat or as mentioned by Phil the output of mdadm --detail or what
ever?

I would like to be prepared and write a small shell script which will write this
to a file to be included in the backups.

What information about the raid would you suggest to collect and to save
somewhere to have it handy in case it is needed?

Thank you very much for your help.
Stefan

P.S.: Phil, thank you so much for the hints regarding moving the data. It looks
very promising. I'll know more in detail tomorrow. pvmove is taking all night, I
guess.