Re: Is it safe to shutdown while mdadm --grow is in progress.

Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I would like to forward this to those that maintain faq/wiki so that some one searches gets the info and does not have to bother you. Is that OK?

I normally would go for backup before rebuild, but 15TB disk space is too much to come up with, without serious $$ and need. Besides, these are movies/recordings for htpc and the data is available on dvds/internet. So there is inherent lack of importance. In other words, I recommend backup as most do, but it looks like every one has some justification not to do, and want some one else to assure them that it is ok :-)

Thanks and Regards
Ramesh