Re: On URE and RAID rebuild - again!

Yes, you can usually get your data back with mdadm.

With latest code, a URE during recovery will cause a bad-block to be recorded
on the recovered device, and recovery will continue.  You end up with a
working array that has a few unreadable blocks on it.

NeilBrown

This is very good news :)
I case of parity RAID I assume the entire stripe is marked as bad, but with mirror (eg: RAID10) only a single block (often 512B) is marked bad on the recovered device, right?

From what mdadm/kernel version the new behavior is implemented? Maybe the software RAID on my CentOS 6.5 is stronger then expected ;)

Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan