Re: Why would a recreation cause a different number of blocks??

ooooh... Making progress.

I downloaded and compiled mdadm-3.1.4 and used that to create
the array.

The size is the same and luksOpen recognizes it as luks and
asks for and accepts the passphrase.

however mount says it need to be told the filesystem type and
if I add -t xfs then it still fails to mount the filesystem.

Any thoughts why the recreated array would satisfy and pass
cryptsetup's sanity checks but the resulting decrypted data
is not recognizable as xfs?

- Jeff