Re: Problem Syncing raid1

On 3 April 2014 20:54, Christian Schmitz <schnet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well i do
> dd if=server.img of=/dev/sde2
> where sde is the new disk for server data.
> dd was aborted saying input/output error.
> at 750mb ( 0.7G of 550G of partition)
> So as you say i do
> smartctl -t long /dev/sde2
> It takes 150 minutes.
> After that i do:
> dd if=server.img of=/dev/sde2
> Is running since 6 hours so seem solved 750mb error.
>
> I am starting  the smartctl -t long to all hard disk jejejeje.
>
> Best regards
> Christian
>
> be free, be linux

>> From: schnet@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> To: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: RE: Problem Syncing raid1
>> Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 22:18:10 +0000
>>
>> Thanks, i will run smartctl as soon i finish recover the server data.
>>
>> Tomorrow i will give news.
>>
>> Best regards.
>> Christian
>>

>> be free, be linux

>>> Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 18:08:31 -0400
>>> Subject: Re: Problem Syncing raid1
>>> From: sdvileskis@xxxxxxxxx
>>> To: schnet@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> CC: mathias.buren@xxxxxxxxx; linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>
>>> The good news is your realloc_sector_cnt is 0.
>>>
>>> However, run:
>>> smartctl -t long /dev/sda
>>> smartctl -t long /dev/sdb
>>>
>>> if you haven't done it in a while
>>> It will tell the controller on the disk to check all the sectors and remap any.
>>>
>>> It will generally take several hours to complete, but if SMART detects
>>> any bad sectors it will attempt to remap them. (The OS and badblocks
>>> won't know the difference)
>>> You can run the smart test while the disk is online/mounted without
>>> problems, but the more you lay off the disks, the faster it will run.

(please don't top post)

IT appears you are jumping all over the place. Why don't you

a) smartctl -t long on all drives involved
b) Post the smartctl -a output of all drives
c) run badblocks in destructive or non-destructive mode (dd is not the
same, cut can give an indication) on the drives which aren't healthy
d) take it from there

Mathias