Re: feature re-quest for "re-write"

Yes, this matches what I saw. From "mdadm -E /dev/sdi1":

 Avail Dev Size : 7813771264 (3725.90 GiB 4000.65 GB)
     Array Size : 19534425600 (18629.48 GiB 20003.25 GB)
  Used Dev Size : 7813770240 (3725.90 GiB 4000.65 GB)
    Data Offset : 262144 sectors
   Super Offset : 8 sectors

Is the layout of this 128KB area documented? I expect basic superblock data, log, bitmap,
what else? Are there copies elsewhere on the disk that can be used? I wonder what the
bad sector 259648 (close to the end of the header) covers.

Can it be rebuilt from the other members of the array (when stopped one can expect the
log and bitmap to be clearable)? Don't know.

Maybe build a new array with the --assume-clean option that will rewrite the header but
leave the data alone? Doco says "not  recommended".

Or just give up: fail and remove the disk, clear the superblock then add it and go through
a full resync. This way feels safer as I do not touch the other members.

cheers
	Eyal