feature re-quest for "re-write"

Hi,

we have "check", "repair", "replacement" and other operations on raid volumes.

I am not a programmer, but I was wondering how much work it would require to take current code and implement "rewrite", basically re-writing every block in the md raid level. Since "repair" and "check" doesn't seem to properly detect a few errors, wouldn't it make sense to try least existance / easiest implementation route to just re-write all data on the entire array? If reads fail, re-calculate from parity, if reads work, just write again.

The goal of this new mode would be to eradicate pending sectors by re-writing everything on the drive.

If this doesn't seem like a sensible approach, what would be a sensible approach to avoid having pending sectors keep being "pending" even after "check" and "repair"?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx