Re: feature re-quest for "re-write"

The disk (actually the whole array) is relatively new and so far has no reallocated sectors.

Eyal

On 02/25/14 18:05, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
On 2/24/2014 11:58 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
(*) I run a check action by setting sync_min/sync_max/sync_action
to cover the bad sector. However, just to be sure, I allowed an overnight
full check which also ran clean. The bad sector is still pending.

What is the expected behavior when the drive's spare sector pool has
been exhausted, and thus the sector cannot be remapped by the drive
firmware?

Unless md now keeps a spare sector pool of its own and remaps bad
sectors, the only way to fix this situation is to replace the drive.
And if indeed drive spare pool exhaustion is the cause of the sector not
being remapped, the drive needs to be replaced.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)