Re: RAID6 dead on the water after Controller failure

Greetings,

first of all - thanks to Phil Turmel for pointing me in the right direction. I checked all the cables and true enough, the System SSD's cable's shielding was halfway peeled off.

Anyway, the current state is as follows:

*) The missing HDDs came up right after the reboot, and I had to use the "bootdegraded=true" kernel option.
*) All 12 drives are functional.

Here is a link to the requested output of

--- mdadm -E /dev/sd[abcd]1 ---
--- for x in /dev/sd[a-z] ; do echo $x : ; smartctl -x $x ; done ----

as well as

---- mdadm --examine /dev/sd[abcdefghijklmnop]1 ------

Link:
h__p://pastebin.com/v6yzn3KX

My findings:
The Event count does differ, but not by much. As my next step, I would follow Phil Turmel's advice and reassemble the Array using the --force option, to be precise:

mdadm -Afv /dev/md0 /dev/sd[abcdefgjklm]1

Could you please advise me wether this next step is all right to do now that we have new logs etc.?

Thanks in advance,
Florian Lampel

PS: Thanks again to Phil for pointing out that --create would be madness.--