Re: Looking for some advice on best way to identify drives / recover from issues

Phil> I created a script for precisely this type of documentation task, keyed
Phil> to drive serial numbers and UUIDs wherever identifiable.

Phil> https://github.com/pturmel/lsdrv

Phil,

Thanks for the script, it looks good, but I wanted to poke you about
the continuation and corner vars, which are defined with funky graphic
chars.  Would it be hard to put in simpler plain ASCII graphics there
by default, and offer a switch for UTF-8 (???) output?

Also, I wonder if having it going the other way, which is from mount
point down to the device(s) would make sense as well?  Now I just need
to find the time to hack your code and see what I can do.

Thanks!
John