Re: Looking for some advice on best way to identify drives / recover from issues

Thanks for the trick.  The issue of complicating things with MD is
what I am concerned about.  I am afraid to boot the PC up with drives
missing (if for example I remove the highpoint controller) because it
may end up assembling an array with drives missing and degrading it
when it didn't need to be.

I'm really wishing I had labeled my drives now, since I don't know
which ones are part of which array physically, and don't want any
arrays to assemble until I do.  I was wondering if booting into a live
CD would be the way to go.  I need some way of checking which drive is
in which array without the risk of any arrays assembling.