Re: MDADM 3.3 broken?

>> Martin: I think one of your recent changes would have changed the member UUID
>> for some specific arrays because the one that was being created before wasn't
>> reliably stable.  Could  that apply to David's situation?
>
> I am confused. AFAIL, my patch bedbf68a first introduced subarray UUIDs
> for DDF. I don't understand how this mdadm.conf could have worked with
> mdadm 3.2.x.

I'm not sure on the cisco server with lsi raid that the 3.2.x version
works as that is different than the isw issues that most were having.

> But you are right, I had to make 7087f02b later that changed the way
> subarray UUIDs were calculated. This would hurt people who created their
> mdadm.conf file) with stock 3.3 and updated to latest git later.
>
>> David: if you remove the "UUID=" part for the array leaving the
>> "container=.... member=0" as the identification, does it work?

We sent them a version that will try that - hope they don't get too
tired of testing.  The int13h interface to the RAID works fine, as
does Windows interface.

> I second that. David, please try it. I'd also appreciate "mdadm -E
> /dev/sdX" output for all the RAID disks.

That version we sent should output this as well.