Re: Desperate: mdadm fails to assemble raid saying devices are busy.

cat /proc/mdstat

It is probably already partially assembled (and since no force not
active--note there is a kernel optionmd_mod.start_dirty_degraded=1
that will enable if the array can at least work ) so not operational,
typically you can stop it and it will no longer show up in mdstat then
you can do what you are trying to do.

lsof will not show things that are being held open/busy in the kernel,
lsof only shows userspace useage.