Re: raid10 centos5 vs. centos6 300% worse random write performance

Seekmark is very simple. It opens a block device with O_RDWR and
O_SYNC, divides the disk into block_size chunks, spawns a bunch of
threads, and each one chooses a random block, seeks there, writes,
then chooses another, seeks there, writes, etc.  There shouldn't be
any write barrier issue, since there's no filesystem involved. You can
also point it at a file on a filesystem and it will do the same with
that file, the O_SYNC *should* flush on every write.

There could be IO scheduler differences between the kernels.