Re: Recovery possible after partial reshape failure?

On 7/13/13 10:01 AM, "Veedar Hokstadt" <veedar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hello, Please consider the following RAID5 recovery attempt after a
>failed partial reshape.
>Copy-on-write devices were created to protect original drives.
>Any assistance on how to reassemble would be most welcome.
>
>...Operating environment is from a systemrescuecd...
>% mdadm -V
>mdadm - v3.1.4 - 31st August 2010
>% /usr/local/sbin/mdadm -V    <<<<<< compiled latest by hand
>mdadm - v3.2.6 - 25th October 2012
>% uname -a
>Linux dallas 3.2.33-std311-amd64 #2 SMP Wed Oct 31 07:31:30 UTC 2012
>x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
>
>...Drive /dev/mapper/cow_sdc1 appears damaged and goes offline
>sporadically, so I'm trying to reassemble with out sdc1...
>...In any case sdc1 is out of sync with the other drives and it's
>reshape pos'n is at zero...
>...Also /usb/foo is an empty file...

sdc and  sdf's event counts are both 2 events higher than the other
devicesŠ I suspect this is causing issues because sdf's event count and
update time is higher than the other good devices, but I'm not sure how to
correct it.   I wanted to see if you can verify that the original sdf also
has this problem (updated later than all the other devices with an
incremented event count)

I'm sure somebody with more knowledge than I will be able to give you more
information.

Sam