Re: Is this expected RAID10 performance?

On 6/9/2013 9:37 PM, Steve Bergman wrote:

> I agree that this is off-topic. It started as a relevant question
> (from me) about odd RAID10 performance I was seeing. Someone decided
> to use it as an opportunity to sell me on XFS, and things went south
> from there.

You're referring to me Steve, but your recollection/perception of the
conversation is not accurate.  I did not try to sell you on XFS.  The
conversation drifted toward XFS, but I was not attempting to sell you on
it.  In fact, I said:

"If your workload has any parallelism, reformat that sucker with XFS
with the defaults."

Then later in the thread I said:

"But as you are stuck with EXT4, this is academic.  But, hopefully this
information may have future value to you, and others."

I'm not beating you up here Steve.  I'm trying to avoid being portrayed
as the hustler on the corner slinging XFS to the kids. ;)

Yes, I made positive comments about XFS, and some less than positive
commends about EXT4.  That isn't selling.  That's partisan.

--
Stan