Re: Is this expected RAID10 performance?

On Fri, 7 Jun 2013 05:44:00 -0500
Steve Bergman <sbergman27@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the helpful posts. After posting, I decided to study up a
> bit on what SATA 3Gb/s actually means. It turns out that the 3Gbit/s
> bandwidth is aggregate per controller.

This is just plain wrong. I wonder where do you find b/s like this (maybe
post the actual link with such misinformation so we could try getting it
corrected or removing it if it's some wiki?). Unless your controller is built
to use an onboard PMP (port multiplier), there is no such thing as 3 Gbit/sec
controller-wide limitation. But of course it's still limited by whatever bus
it sits on, if it's a narrow PCI-E 1x, that might well come into play.

--
With respect,
Roman