Re: Is this expected RAID10 performance?

Looking up that disk on seagate's website, it lists the max sustained
transfer rate for that specific disk model of 140MB/second.

That would be on the outside of the disk were the most sectors are,
inside the disk will be less, and that is under perfect conditions.

So some of your initial bonnie++ results may be from caching affects.
and appear to be higher than possible given the disk model.

And it is also possible that running more disks at the same time
cannot be sustained by the on-board chipset.

Try reading the disk with something like this: "dd if=/dev/<device>
of=/dev/null bs=1M count=4096" and see what speed it reports as this
usually gets pretty close to raw disk speed and then trying doing 4 of
those at the same time to each of the devices and see if the rate
sustains with 4 running.