Re: vess raid stripes disappear

On Thu, 09 May 2013 08:32:20 -0700 Keith Keller
<kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2013-05-09, Roman Mamedov <rm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I (also) was under impression that linux-raid is not just for md, but for a=
> > ll
> > kinds of RAID in GNU/Linux. It's just that historically it's mostly about m=
> > d.
>
> Indeed, the majordomo info says only this:
>
> "Welcome to the linux-raid mailing list, hosted on vger.kernel.org.
> Discussions on this list should be relevant to using RAID technologies
> with Linux. The list has a wiki howto at http://raid.wiki.kernel.org/";
>
> This is somewhat contradictory with the wiki overview:
>
> "This site is the Linux-raid kernel list community-managed reference for
> Linux software RAID as implemented in recent 2.6 kernels."

I don't see a contradiction.
The mailing list is for anything about RAID on Linux.  The community formed
around the list are generally interested in various sorts of RAID on Linux.
Software RAID is a popular subtopic and for that subtopic there is a
supporting wiki.  It doesn't claim to be a complete reference for linux-raid,
only for the software RAID subtopic of linux-raid.

But the 2.6 should go.

> So I admit to being a bit confused!  Is there a consensus among the
> admins what the list topics should be?

There aren't any admins.  There are only subscribers and posters.

NeilBrown