Re: vess raid stripes disappear

On 10/05/13 01:32, Keith Keller wrote:
> On 2013-05-09, Roman Mamedov <rm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I (also) was under impression that linux-raid is not just for md, but for a=
>> ll
>> kinds of RAID in GNU/Linux. It's just that historically it's mostly about m=
>> d.
> Indeed, the majordomo info says only this:
>
> "Welcome to the linux-raid mailing list, hosted on vger.kernel.org.
> Discussions on this list should be relevant to using RAID technologies
> with Linux. The list has a wiki howto at http://raid.wiki.kernel.org/";
>
> This is somewhat contradictory with the wiki overview:
>
> "This site is the Linux-raid kernel list community-managed reference for
> Linux software RAID as implemented in recent 2.6 kernels."
>
> So I admit to being a bit confused!  Is there a consensus among the
> admins what the list topics should be?

Also, should the wiki be updated or modified? I highly doubt anyone is
still running linux older than 2.6 (actually, I really believe there are
people out there who are, but I'm not sure they should be...).

Why does it need to be related to a specific version of Linux (2.6)?
Possibly it could say "as implemented in Linux kernel 2.6 or newer" or
"as implemented in the Linux kernel since version 2.6.0" or simply "as
implemented in the Linux kernel".

Regards,
Adam

--