Re: md RAID5: Disk wrongly marked "spare", need to force re-add it

Brad Campbell wrote, On 21.04.2013 09:23:
As others have already told you, md does not go randomly kicking drives from arrays. Your system had a failure of some kind which caused the loss of two drives.

You ignore the facts and do "mi mi mi" in face of bugs reports. 2 different arrays lost 1 drive, both at the same time at reboot after the OS upgrade, and both drives are working fine. Facts.

And even *if* they had a temporary error, my case shows why it's a *bug* to kick them out of the array. And it's a *bug* to not let me put them back in with data. Tons of other people have suffered dataloss because of various temporary, easily recoverable problems and these 2 bugs.

People like you are the reason why people like me suffer dataloss.