Re: md RAID5: Disk wrongly marked "spare", need to force re-add it

Ben Bucksch wrote, On 20.04.2013 03:26:
I can read my files again, without problem, all is happy.

Actually, no. XFS filesystem structure is not sane. I must have done something wrong. (If possible, please let me know what, all data should be posted.)

At first, it looked OK, as if only one recently written directory was broken. I unmounted one of the FS, did xfs_repair, and after re-mounting, almost all directories are gone. Almost 100% dataloss. I can't describe how upset I am against md.

Oh, and in case you're wondering about my backup: That's gone, too, due to bugs in btrfs that trashed the FS and also stopped the dedicated backup machine from booting automatically, so I don't have any current backup either.

Ben